There is no singular definition of a Mississippian. We come in all colors, and from all walks of life. And yet, our current state legislation protects no one from discrimination. Share your story with us: tell us about who you are and your experiences living in Mississippi.
In your story, answer a few of the following questions:
- What is your name?
- How long have you lived in Mississippi?
- Tell us a bit about yourself, and how you identify (ex. your religion, race, sexual orientation, etc.)
- Have you ever faced discrimination because of who you are?
- How do you feel about Mississippi not having any state civil rights protections?
- What are some of the major problems Mississippi faces, and how can they be improved?
- Does your city have a non-discrimination ordinance, and if not, do you think they should adopt one?
- What does Mississippi pride mean to you?
- Do you feel like Mississippi is “home”? Why?
- Do you think Mississippi treats its citizens fairly? Why or why not?
Send an email about yourself to weareallMS@gmail.com and include a picture. We may share your story on this website, or on our Facebook or Instagram pages.